The Role of the Haisley Elementary Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
The objectives of the Haisley Elementary PTO are to:
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school and community.
- Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Haisley Elementary.
- Focus on PTO’s core values and ensure that all PTO decisions are based on those beliefs, the school’s mission and vision, and the PTO constitution.
- Increase student safety and security.
- Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
|The PTO DOES||The PTO does not|
|· Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school||· Run the school|
|· Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school||· Force parents to participate in PTO and/or school activities|
|· Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs||· Set policy regarding school programs|
|· Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum||· Define the school’s curriculum|
|· Encourage/fund the increased exposure of students to technology||· Dictate the technology platforms and/or software used by the school|
|· Provide feedback/assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues||· Define or interfere with the school’s security program and policies|
|· Organize fundraising efforts to support additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget||· Control the school’s budget|
|· Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism||· Set the educational goals, testing requirements, or compliance factors|
|· Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTO functions and assist with school programs||· Have jurisdiction or authority over school staff, teachers, and other employees|
|· Stay aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and schools||· Endorse a particular political candidate or commercial concern|
|· A LOT ! ! !||· Do everything 🙂|
This PTO is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.